Toggle to view this page in Spanish.
Alternar para ver esta página en Español.
Membership Requirements, the Selection Process, and Term Limits
The ICAB Leadership Group provides guidance and support to the ICAB and advises IMPAACT Leadership on matters concerning community engagement in all aspects of the IMPAACT research agenda. The ICAB Leadership Group serves as a conduit of information between the IMPAACT ICAB, IMPAACT leadership, and IMPAACT scientific committees.
The ICAB Leadership Group goals are to:
- Responding to time-sensitive requests for community input when it is not feasible to obtain a response from the full ICAB
- Inform, facilitate and guide the development of a community-centered, relevant, effective and ethical research agenda
- Proactively identify challenges related to community engagement and/or research implementation to ensure the ethical and scientific rigor of IMPAACT research
- Through the ICAB Chair,
- inform the IMPAACT Scientific Leadership Group (SLG) of the ICAB’s decisions, concerns and activities
- Advise the IMPAACT SLG on strategies to address challenges and issues of concern
- Develop mechanisms for sharing experiences, lessons learned and best practices for community engagement in IMPAACT research