The Laboratory Manual was created by the ACTG/IMPAACT Laboratory Technologist Committee and collaborating investigators in June 2004. It was created for the purpose of having a consensus method to help standardize assay performance across all laboratories participating in a particular study.
Access the ACTG/IMPAACT Laboratory Manual on the HANC website.
Additional Guidance Documents
- VQA HIV RNA Copy Control (200cp/mL) Implementation Plan - 17 Dec 2010
- Cross-Network PBMC Processing SOP
- Viral Load Platforms for HIV Clinical Trials - 6 Feb 2009
- IMPAACT Guidance: Template Protocol Language for Documentation of HIV Status – 13 May 2020
- Definitions for HIV Transmission in Breastfed Infants - 11 Dec 2007
- Application for Import Permit for Biological Substances for UCT PK Samples
- Annotated Example of Application for Import Permit for Biological Substances
- Please note - as of November 2016, the South African Department of Health has requested that all import permit applications be accompanied by either an MTA or a letter from the country of origin, indicating their knowledge about the export. Please contact Jennifer Norman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
IMPAACT Laboratory Center Communications to IMPAACT Laboratories
- Transition from the Xpert MTB/RIF to Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra - 19 July 2018
- New Vendor for IMPAACT/ACTG Network-approved FBS: Nucleus Biologics - 19 July 2018
- Required use of the LDMS Preloads or Quick Add Templates - 11 May 2018
- IMPAACT/ACTG Memo: Mycobacteriology Laboratory Sourcebook for Harmonization and Support of Tuberculosis (TB) Clinical Trials - 24 April 2018
- Required Use of the LDMS Reagent Logging Module - 23 February 2018
- Document Retention Policy - 23 February 2018